October Covid-19 Update
As you know, the city of Ottawa is now considered a “hot zone” for Covid-19.
What does this mean for us as a dental office and for you and your dental appointment?
Since we have re-opened in June, we have implemented enhanced precautions for infection control and follow the strictest guidelines and recommendations of our governing body, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario.
- We are equipped with medical-grade Hepa filters and have sealed off our aerosol-generating treatment rooms.
- Rooms that are used for aerosol-generating procedures are not re-entered until the aim of achieving 99.9% airborne particle removal has been met with the filtration. This means we are scheduling more time for restorative procedures, therefore fewer appointment times will be available to allow the necessary filtration time between treatments.
- When possible, treatments minimizing aerosol generation will be prioritized.
- Routine “teeth cleaning” appointments will continue to be done by hand and no polishing will be done to avoid aerosols.
- We are wearing the highest level of PPE when generating aerosols so as to protect our patients, ourselves, our families, and our community.
- To minimize the number of people in our reception area we ask that if you are accompanying a family member over the age of 12, please wait in your car and we will notify you by phone as soon as they are ready.
- We also kindly ask you to keep your mask on at all times until instructed otherwise.
- Please click the Covid-19 tab on our website for more information. In the meantime, please rest assured that we are open and here for you.
With your well-being at heart.
Dr. Simon and Dr. de Gouw
and the entire team at the Hazeldean Family Dental Centre
Welcome to Hazeldean Family Dental Centre – Your Kanata Dentist
Dr. Cynthia Simon, Dr. Kyra de Gouw and their team have been creating and caring for beautiful smiles in Kanata since 1997. We offer a wide range of preventive, cosmetic and restorative dental services for the whole family. We take the time to listen to your individual concerns and needs in order to offer customized dental care that will ensure your smile is the best it can be.
Our dental office is centrally located within Kanata and we offer bilingual dental services. Early morning and evening appointments are available for your convenience. We look forward to meeting you and taking care of your dental needs.
Book your appointment today!
New Patients Always Welcome
Enjoy our quality, personalized dental care at your Kanata dentist!
Booking your dentist appointment has never been easier! If you’re looking for a new family dentist in Kanata, or if you’re an existing patient of ours, feel free to request an appointment online. We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule and take care of your dental concerns promptly.
How Can We Help You Today?
I’m Looking For A New Family Dentist
All preventive care is tailored to your individual needs and goals. On your first visit, a comprehensive oral exam and periodontal screening are done to determine the preventive care that’s right for you.
I Want To Improve My Smile
A healthy smile is a beautiful smile! We can help you acquire the self-confidence that comes with an attractive smile by using the most up-to-date cosmetic and restorative dental treatments. Call us today!
I’m Looking For A Child Friendly Dentist
Our goal is to ensure a lifetime of positive dental experiences for your children. We focus on the prevention of tooth decay and the early detection of potential orthodontic problems. We love working with children!