Root Canal Therapy
Your Kanata dentist can relieve your dental pain with root canal therapy!
Although our teeth are solid on the outside, they have a hollow canal on the inside that contains the dental pulp. The pulp consists of nerves and blood vessels. If the pulp gets infected or injured, due to cavities or decay, a fracture or a dental accident, Root Canal Therapy, also known as endodontic treatment, will be required.
Symptoms of a Root Canal Infection
- Acute and intense toothache
- Darkening of the tooth
- Sharp pain when biting down
- Lingering pain after eating hot or cold foods
- Dull ache and pressure
- Pain, tenderness or swelling in the nearby gums
- Recurrent or persistent pimple on the nearby gums