A Two-Phase Orthodontic Treatment Plan Offered by your Kanata Dentist!
PHASE 1 – Myobrace or Orthodontic appliances by your Kanata Dentist
Myobrace is considered early orthodontic treatment, and may be recommended by our Kanata Dentist to help a child’s jaw develop to it’s maximum genetic potential & prevent crooked teeth.
Myobrace® focuses on treating the underlying causes of poor jaw development, thereby unlocking natural growth and development.
At the Hazeldean Family Dental Centre, our Kanata dentist will assess whether or not the Myobrace is the treatment of choice – It is best suited to children between the ages of 3 to 15 and involves using a series of removable intra-oral appliances that are worn for 1-2 hours each day plus overnight while sleeping.
What Myobrace® treatment does:
- Corrects poor oral habits
- Develops & aligns the jaws
- Straightens the teeth
- Optimises facial development
- Improves overall health by encouraging nasal breathing
How Myobrace® treatment works for your child:
- Encourages breathing through the nose
- Corrects tongue resting position
- Encourages swallowing correctly
- Encourages keeping the lips together at rest
PHASE 2 – Invisalign by your Kanata Dentist
The clear way to straighten your teeth at your Kanata dentist
What is Invisalign Orthodontics®?
Metal braces were once the only treatment option used to straighten teeth in teens and adults. Today, Invisalign® clear aligners are a great choice to correct misaligned teeth. Instead of using brackets and wires attached to your teeth, your teeth can be straightened invisibly with groundbreaking orthodontic aligners.
- Invisalign® aligners are clear
- Invisalign® is removable
- Invisalign® allows you to brush and floss normally
- Invisalign® results are amazing!
Common problems that Invisalign addresses:
The Invisalign® Process For Straight, Beautiful Teeth
- At your first visit, our experienced Kanata dentist maps out a treatment plan with your goals in mind. Impressions and pictures of your teeth will be digitized in order to work with a computerized 3-D image of your teeth. At Hazeldean Family Dental Centre, our Kanata dentist develops a precise treatment plan from which customized aligners are created using Invisalign® technology. You will wear these personalized aligners at each stage of your treatment.
- Each set of aligners is worn for about 2-3 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position our Kanata dentist has prescribed.
- You will visit our Kanata dental office approximately once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 12 to 16 months with the average number of aligners worn during treatment between 20 and 30. The treatment length will vary from case to case.