A Two-Phase Orthodontic Treatment Plan Offered by your Kanata Dentist!
PHASE 1 – Myobrace or Orthodontic appliances by your Kanata Dentist
Myobrace is considered early orthodontic treatment, and may be recommended by our Kanata Dentist to help a child’s jaw develop to it’s maximum genetic potential & prevent crooked teeth.
At the Hazeldean Family Dental Centre, our Kanata dentist will assess whether or not the Myobrace is the treatment of choice – It is best suited to children between the ages of 3 to 15 and involves using a series of removable intra-oral appliances that are worn for 1-2 hours each day plus overnight while sleeping.
What Myobrace® treatment does:
- Corrects poor oral habits
- Develops & aligns the jaws
- Straightens the teeth
- Optimises facial development
- Improves overall health by encouraging nasal breathing
How Myobrace® treatment works for your child:
- Encourages breathing through the nose
- Corrects tongue resting position
- Encourages swallowing correctly
- Encourages keeping the lips together at rest
PHASE 2 – Invisalign by your Kanata Dentist
The clear way to straighten your teeth at your Kanata dentist
What is Invisalign Orthodontics®?
Metal braces were once the only treatment option used to straighten teeth in teens and adults. Today, Invisalign® clear aligners are a great choice to correct misaligned teeth. Instead of using brackets and wires attached to your teeth, your teeth can be straightened invisibly with groundbreaking orthodontic aligners.
- Invisalign® aligners are clear
- Invisalign® is removable
- Invisalign® allows you to brush and floss normally
- Invisalign® results are amazing!
Common problems that Invisalign addresses:
The Invisalign® Process For Straight, Beautiful Teeth
- At your first visit, our experienced Kanata dentist maps out a treatment plan with your goals in mind. Impressions and pictures of your teeth will be digitized in order to work with a computerized 3-D image of your teeth. At Hazeldean Family Dental Centre, our Kanata dentist develops a precise treatment plan from which customized aligners are created using Invisalign® technology. You will wear these personalized aligners at each stage of your treatment.
- Each set of aligners is worn for about 2-3 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position our Kanata dentist has prescribed.
- You will visit our Kanata dental office approximately once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 12 to 16 months with the average number of aligners worn during treatment between 20 and 30. The treatment length will vary from case to case.